HANOS attaches great importance to the protection of your privacy and the personal data that you provide. For this reason, we explain in this privacy statement what data of yours we process and why. In doing this we comply with the Dutch Personal Data Protection Act [Algemene Verordening Gegevensbescherming]. We advise you to carefully read our privacy statement.
Who processes your personal data?
HANOS is part of Admidex B.V., head office at Laan van de Leeuw 4, 7324 BD in Apeldoorn, registered under company number 09066018. Admidex B.V. is the controller for all processing of your personal data specified in this privacy statement.
What is personal data?
Information about persons that makes them identifiable (either on its own or in combination with other data) is referred to as personal data. Examples of personal data are your name or company name, address, place of residence, date of birth, telephone number and email address. Your HANOS login data and IP addresses also constitute personal data.
Whose personal data does HANOS gather?
HANOS collects and processes personal data of people who purchase its services and products, website visitors, or third parties contacting HANOS. This is done, for example, if you:
• request a customer card;
• place an order;
• indicate that you wish to receive our newsletters;
• participate in a competition or promotion;
• participate in surveys or customer panel research;
• log in to your HANOS account or via social media;
• are employed by or for us;
• apply for employment with us or contact us for that purpose;
• have a business relationship with HANOS;
• fill in or leave your data at one of our branches.
Contact with HANOS can occur via:
• written correspondence;
• the contact form at HANOS.nl (for example, to request the HANOS Courant);
• the registration form provided for requesting a HANOS customer card;
• the registration form provided for requesting our email newsletters;
• a link included in an email newsletter sent by us or in another electronic message sent to you.
In addition, your data may end up at HANOS if we take over another company.
What personal data does HANOS collect?
HANOS collects, in any case, the following personal data:
• Personalia: your name or company name, address, place of residence, gender, telephone/mobile number and email address;
• Order information (for example, the items you order from HANOS);
• Interaction data (e.g. your IP address, cookie IDs, surfing behaviour and which www.hanos.nl pages you visit, newsletter email preferences, opening and clicking behaviour within the email newsletters, preferences/interests, opinions, use of social media, and contact with customer service).
• Applicant details (for example, date and place of birth, civil status, nationality, payslip with IBAN, citizen service number, driver's licence, debit card, ID, salary indication and availability, training and work experience, motivation letter, test results).
On what basis does HANOS process personal data?
HANOS processes personal data based on the requirements for executing the agreement with its customers - for example, the data required to take and deliver your orders and to keep in touch regarding these orders and their progress.
HANOS also processes personal data on the basis of your permission and on the basis of a legitimate interest of HANOS. This legitimate interest lies in the fact that HANOS can provide better offers to its customers and website visitors if it has access to data regarding your preferences and your use of the website.
We also process your personal data if you apply for a position or traineeship at HANOS. Sometimes we do further investigation because you are applying for a position in which you will be dealing with money, confidential information or products.
Finally, HANOS may process personal data on the grounds of a legal obligation.
For what purposes does HANOS process personal data?
HANOS processes personal data for the following purposes:
• Execution of the agreement made between HANOS and its customers: processing of orders, delivery of orders, notifications regarding orders;
• Management of the customer database with a view to future orders;
• Improvements in user-friendliness of the websites in order to provide optimal ease of use;
• Execution of internal analyses (such as quality analyses) and product development in order to improve our products and services for you.
• Sending information about interesting developments, promotions and offers via various electronic communication channels;
• Carrying out job application procedures.
To achieve these ends, HANOS links, combines, and analyses available personal data (as defined in this privacy statement) in order to determine the most relevant target groups, segments, content, information, times and channels, and to coordinate these with each other. This way we can limit the number of contact times we have with you. In some cases this occurs fully automatically.
HANOS retains your personal data no longer than necessary in order to provide you with appropriate and thorough service and to be able to meet your requirements. Once we no longer need your data, we destroy it.
Forwarding of data to third parties
We do not share your personal data with other parties except where this is necessary for the performance of our services/the agreement, or when HANOS is obliged to do so on the basis of a legal regulation.
These parties process your personal data only in the manner prescribed by HANOS. HANOS does not sell or forward your personal data to third parties.
HANOS and other websites
On our website you will find a number of links to other websites. This privacy statement is not applicable to these other websites. HANOS is not responsible for the way in which these websites handle your personal data. If available, read the privacy statement of the website you are visiting.
HANOS attaches great importance to the security of personal data. HANOS takes various technological and organisational measures to protect your data. Among other things, HANOS takes measures such as the encryption of financial information and passwords, and the use of firewalls and secure servers.
HANOS has placed clearly visible cameras in its shops and parking areas with the aim of protecting the safety of our employees, customers and assets, and to offer support during disasters. You will also be alerted to the presence of cameras on entering our premises and shops. HANOS keeps the camera images for up to 28 days. If there is a valid reason (for instance, a police investigation), the images will be stored for a longer period, but no longer than necessary.
If we process your personal data, you can submit a request to access this data, modify it, transfer it to another party, delete it, or limit the processing of it. You can also object to receiving information from HANOS via telephone, mail or email, unless this information is necessary within the context of our service to you. In addition, you have the right to withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal data.
You can submit such requests by contacting:
Attention: Privacy Officer
7301 GJ Apeldoorn
Or you can email: firstname.lastname@example.org
HANOS strives to process a request within 4 weeks.
Do you have a complaint, despite our careful efforts, regarding the way in which HANOS handles your personal data? You have the right to lodge a complaint with the Dutch Personal Data Protection Authority.
After reading our privacy statement, would you like more information or do you have further questions and/or comments? In that case, contact our Privacy Officer at email@example.com
Amendments to the privacy statement
HANOS reserves the right to amend this privacy statement. We advise you to read this statement regularly. You will always find the most recent version at www.hanos.nl/privacy.
This page was last created on 23-05-2018 (version 1.0.0).